Registered Massage Therapy
Our therapists treat patients of all ages, from infants to seniors.
What is Registered Massage Therapy?
Registered Massage Therapy is the manipulation of soft tissues of the body, including muscles, tendons, connective tissues, ligaments and joints. It is a clinically oriented healthcare option that helps to alleviate the discomfort associated with every day and occupational stresses, muscular overuse, injuries, and many chronic pain conditions1.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Decrease Pain
- Decrease Muscular Tension
- Increase Joint Mobility
- Increase Circulation and Lymphatic Drainage
- Increase Body Awareness
Common Conditions Treated with Massage Therapy
- Anxiety and Depression
- Headaches (chronic and acute)
- Insomnia / Chronic Fatigue
- Joint Pain (e.g. TMJ dysfunction)
- Kyphosis and Scoliosis
- Muscle Tension and Spasms
- Neurological Conditions (e.g. Carpel Tunnel, Sciatica)
- Neck and Back Pain / Whiplash
- Post-Surgical Rehab
- Pregnancy-Related Issues (Pre and Post)
- Sports Injuries
- Sprains and Strains (e.g. rolled ankle, pulled neck)
- Tendonitis (e.g. tennis/golfer’s elbow, runner’s knee)
- Stress and Stress-Related Conditions
Massage Therapy also treats Symptoms of:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Asthma and Emphysema
Techniques and Treatments offered by Registered Massage Therapists at Kleinburg Wellness Techniques
- Trigger Point
- Dynamic Fascial (comparable to Active Release Technique)
- Deep Tissue
- Joint Mobilizations
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Abdominal Massage
- Breast Massage
- Deep Tissue and Relaxation Massage
- Intraoral Treatments
What to Expect on your First Visit
Our therapists are very knowledgeable and want to ensure that we provide you with a safe and effective treatment. In order to do so, we need to understand your overall health and determine if any contraindications are imperative to your treatment. For this reason, your first visit to Kleinburg Wellness will include a complimentary and thorough health history, and we will perform a postural assessment, and any other assessments as needed.
We truly care about our patients, and pride ourselves on ensuring the most appropriate treatment to serve your goals.
Further to your desired duration of treatment, our therapists may offer or suggest specific exercises (strengthening and or lengthening), as well as lifestyle changes, to help you prevent any further injury and achieve and maintain optimal mechanical and functional stability.
A variety of treatment times are available to best suit your needs. Please call to book your appointment. We would be pleased to accommodate you!
1RMTAO.com, What is Massage Therapy, 2015